Friday 26 March 2010

Got off my butt, kick ass!


Got bored, so me and trusty Cineworld card went for a walk. I went and watched the latest graphic-novel conversion. I say conversion but I believe it spawned a comic at the conception of the movie. The movie I watched was "Kick-Ass" and it lived up to its name. Very funny in places, Aaron Johnson reminds me of a young Cillian Murphy and acts his part well. He's a competent young British actor who recently played a young John Lennon in "Nowhere Boy". Nicolas Cage's role is deliberately understated, and the young actress who played his daughter, Chloe Moretz is a future star. The action in the film is well paced and the relationships are believable. I will be watching this one again and will be joining my DVD collection in the future. I really enjoyed this one, as did the rest of the audience. Definitely not for everyone as quite violent at times but well worth a watch for fans of the graphic-novel genre. Not sure though if Nikki would like it, but she might!

No comments:

Post a Comment